Our Timbers and Boards are Custom Sawn to specifications at our facility in Malakwa, BC
Like our Custom Handcrafted Log and Timber Frame homes, each order is unique – with each timber and board custom sawn to size. We are very experienced and knowledgable with Timber Frame construction and ensure each timber is milled with precision. We understand that, for Timber Frame Joinery and custom home building, a true and square Timber is very important.
Details of Custom Sawn Timbers and Boards we offer
Appearance of Select Grade Boards and Timbers
- No Rot, No Holes, No Wane, Tight Knot, Premium Grade standards
- Boxed Heart Mix
- FOHC (Free of Heart Center)
(Some Boxed Heart orders will include some FOHC Timbers). These timers are sawn from the whole tree with the heart at the center and are typically large dimensioned and value-oriented.
The timber is sawn to exclude the heart of the tree, creating a more stable timber, especially in small to mid dimensions. Tends to check much less than Boxed Heart.
- Custom Sizes based on client’s requirements
- Full Sawn Sizes (actual call out dimensional lumber sizes). For example, a 12X12 is 12″X12″.
- Full Length Timbers up to 43’
- Bandsawn with Osborn Brush (Osborn Brush leaves Bandsawn texture but removed the loose wood fibers)
- Planed S4S
- Hand Hewn
- Western Red Cedar
- Douglas Fir
- Other Species available upon request